1. To provide an in-depth study and analysis of the
problems of political and social stability, security, public safety
and human development in Africa and its Diaspora and propose
policy options for their solutions.
2. To provide a forum for the discussion and exchange of ideas,
knowledge, expertise and experiences through
seminars, workshops, conferences, roundtables and study
groups of Africans and Afro-Descendant scholars,
military experts, policy makers and implementers.
3. To identify, collect and disseminate information, for raising the
awareness of Africans and Afro-Descendants
about their political, social, and economic issues of
interest to the African and Afro-Descendants communities
4. To facilitate research and provide regular assessment of the security
climate for development activities in
African and Afro-Descendants communities.
5. To publish books, monographs, papers, newsletters and other
publications that will support the aims and
objectives of Pan-AFSTRAG and inform policy makers and
enlighten the public.
6. To bridge the gap between Africans and Afro-Descendants for sharing
the best practices in community security,
social issues and economic development with respect to small
and medium scale enterprises (SMES).
7. To provide research facilities for visiting scholars and
practitioners, especially from different Afro-Descendant
communities of the world, in order to enhance the mutual
understanding of global strategic issues.
8. To undertake collectively through its chapters with partners, the
United Nations, the African Union, international
and regional organizations, foreign governments, industries
and specialized agencies with interests in Africa
and the Diaspora.
9. To promote through research studies and advocacy, policies for
conflict prevention and innovation in
institutional reform of political and economic governance at
all level for the benefits of Africans and Afro-